Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tucson Mom Detained! Help Keep Her Family Together!

A hardworking mom of the Tucson community has been detained by Border Patrol - please consider calling for her release to keep this family together!

I just heard about this as I sit in the Phoenix airport waiting to be reunited with my family back in Minnesota for the holidays. What irony. Dario and Danilo, two wonderful young men I have gotten to know from ScholarshipsAZ (partner organization of BorderLinks) were hoping to just got home and hang out with their family after finishing college exams today, but they met hardship instead of celebration. I don't know the full story, but their mom was pulled over while driving, and she has been detained by Border Patrol.

Dario wrote: "I was looking forward to today, but i walked out of my exam to find out that my mom had been pulled over as she was driving and is now being held by border patrol. To think that she is gonna spend nights in jail and is in risk of being separated from us is so unfair. For the next few days i will need the support from every one of you. My family has already been separated in the past and i'm not gonna let that happen again, I need you! I need you to call border patrol to the following number and demand her immediate release by reading the following script. I need you to call multiple times and to share with your friends and family. Do it for her, do it for what is right, she doesn't deserve this! No one deserves to be separated from their mother!"

And from Danilo: "My Mother Got Detained! Please help me and my family stay together for the holidays by calling the Tucson Border Patrol Station at (520) 514-4700 and (520) 748-3000. Please help us! We want to be together with our mom. It will not take more than a minute of your time and it will be greatly appreciated. We don't want to be separated from our mother!!! Please Help Us!!" 

Please, if you have the time, make a quick call. The info is all there. Community support does help prevent detentions and deportations! Help keep an amazing family together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment