Monday, June 6, 2011

Losing the day down under

Well not exactly losing a day there, more like losing a day getting there. 24 hours will appear to vanish, a phenomenon Julia and I were aware of but not entirely as we were planning our days to explore Sydney until - oops - I get in on Wednesday! Though I leave Monday. Bizarre. My travel blog has been resurrected again, and this will be my fourth continent. Julia has been residing and studying in Lismore since February, and this will be an adventure where the utmost go-with-the-flow is required, as I will attempt to meet up with my best elementary school friend at a baggage claim in Sydney, Australia!

I have felt a strange calm today, perhaps only for the fact that the last few days have been a serious crunch to:
- finish my tennis season
- kick some butt on final exams and papers
- say goodbyes to my college friends (especially those who graduate this year!)
- pack efficiently enough to squeeze all my belongings into the Prius with my papa and me still being able to find space on which to rest our behinds (overrated, right?), and bid adieu to the school year.

What else can be thrown at me? A little packing for another whirlwind trip of a lifetime? Been there, done that, no worries mates. So I'm off. Off to a continent with a higher ratio of natural forces and creatures that can kill you to those that can't than any other. Off to reunite with a great friend with whom I am awful at keeping in touch but when we are together it seems as though no time has been lost. Off to listen (to some awesome accents), learn (about Australia's people and culture), and explore (everything that doesn't have a high risk of mortal danger). Much love to my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment